Friday, November 2, 2007

MANGROVE JACK FRENZY!!

Hey peps! Assalamualaikum…Yesterday we went hunting again and went to the famous UNGAH GARDEN in Serasa.. As before today, we heard that there was a Mangrove Jack party as 7 mangrove jacks were caught. I had a *hunch* that yesterday might be our lucky day… hehehe…

As usual we went to look for kembura baits. At that time the kembura were sold $3/kilo.. the last time I went there, the kembura were sold at $2/kilo.. well what the heck, fishing punya pasal, hantam saja lah…

We set up our gears, me and my faithful companion GFADZ aka MR WHITERABBIT and with the help of my brother in law.. Again we were lucky as no sights of “THE MAGROVE JACK’S PREDATOR” aka Hj Metali was hunting.. hehehe… maybe ia “off” yesterday.. We set up our rods and kirikans at the usual spot.. according to the tide tables today air nya surut.. We waited for half an hour and *bang* , our first catch was caught by me.. well technically it was my kirikan but it was gfadz and my brother in law who reeled it in… To my surprise, my long awaited catch, THE MANGROVE JACK was caught!! Wow my bad luck curse had broke.. hehehe… it was my first MJ this year..alhamdullilah.. it weighs around 1.6kg.. Thanx guys for the help! Hehehe…


Gfadz steps into gear as he believe there’s more MJs out there… well his prayers were answered… hehehe… he too caught his MJ with his kirikan… if I’m not mistaken I think it weighs around 1.2kg… we were leveled at this stage.. hehehe..

My brother in law too have a bite using his rod and his casting technique but his line broke at the very last minute.. pity though for him as his rapala was taken by the fish.. better luck next time bro.. karang balik beli kirikan arah huaho.. hehehe…

Again it was gfadz who had the third catch and this time it was bigger than the first one… a 2.2kg MJ .. *DaRN* lucky him! Hehehe.. the forth catch was also by gfadz… I think its about 1.5kg kah… *double darn*.. again with his kirikan… I think I better auction his kirikan in EBAY… hahaha..

We decided to pack it up around 12 when again MJ struck in the very last minute… and again its gfadz *arghh* bah jadi kan di jual kirikan atu ke EBAY? Hahaha.. This time the MJ weighs around 1.6kg kah.

As I thought it was the last MJ we caught, my kirikan was pulled into action.. and this time I did get my chance to pulled the MJ myself… hehehe… my 2nd MJ weighs around 1.4kg.. an injury time catch.. Well I guess I’m the first and the last to caught the MJs… *alhamdullilah.. rezeki…* what a SUPERB Experience we had yesterday… not to mention the fun and thrill… oh yes.. I forget to mention, GFADZ and my brother in law got minor injuries during the action…

I did get in touch with saidi(the person who subbed us), he told me from morning till afternoon, 16 MJs were caught… wow I guess it’s a record or maybe there’s another record, but then it is a SUBERB experience… hehehe ... until next tym peps!! maju memancing untuk negara!! hahaha






p/s: measurements might not be accurate lah... and oh yess... jgn jeles team kerisi... hehehe walaupun ada yang nada setuju kami masuk ranking... (Siapa tu ah...) sal kami pakai kirikan, tapi boleh eh kami masuk ranking, sal kami bukan main EDIT... hehehe *ehem ehem* we follow the rules jua... hahahaha...

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons